Drinking coffee has been associated with several health benefits. For example, it possibly can reduce the risk of getting diabetes type 2, and liver disease, which naturally makes us curious about other health that coffee could have and whether the beans could be eaten.
Use coffee beans for foods
People have eaten coffee beans for hundreds of years. In-fact research into the benefits of coffee suggests that coffee beans were sometimes mixed into animal fat before it was industrialized into a beverage and eaten as an energy booster.
However, more recently scientists have discovered that coffee contains caffeine which isn’t particularly good for you when consumed in vast quantities.
But what we can deduce is that coffee has many positive effects and thus is good for you when not consumed in excessive amounts.
Use coffee grounds for foods
Typically, the coffee grounds from filtered coffee are discarded after the coffee has been consumed. But there are ways to use it, for example:
- Tenderizing your meat – Coffee is full of natural acids and enzymes, making it particularly good at tenderizing meat, so if your meat tends to be a bit on the tough side, coffee can help tenderize it, as well as add flavor to your meat. Just add your used coffee grounds to your normal dry-rub and rub this over the meat a couple of hours before cooking. The coffee grounds will form a dark, crispy crust, which is absolutely delicious.
- As a marinade – Re-brew any used grounds to make coffee, let it cool, then use the cool coffee as a marinade. You can refrigerate the meat in the coffee for up to 24 hours before cooking.
- Grow Mushrooms – Have you ever attempted to grow mushrooms? It is not easy! Used coffee grounds are sterilized during the brewing process, and are an excellent substrate because it contains the essential nutrients mushrooms like and needs to grow.
Add coffee to your Day food life : Food use coffee as a key ingredients
Literally, from breakfast through to dinner and desserts, coffee can enhance flavors and bring a real depth to your dishes.
Coffee is excellent for boosting your energy levels in the morning, but plain coffee can be boring!
- Gingerbread Pancakes – Add brewed coffee is added to your pancake batter along with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves if you want to spice this recipe up a bit. For extra flavor, top the pancakes with light citrus syrup.
- Coffee and banana smoothie – combine ripe bananas, espresso, Greek-style yogurt, cocoa powder, and honey for a delicious smoothie that is also healthy.
- Protein coffee smoothie –combine cold-brewed coffee, oats, banana, milk, and protein powder (vanilla works best). You may also want to add a little cacao and or cinnamon to give this recipe sweetness, and create a breakfast smoothie that will pack a punch or two! This recipe can also be made the night before and stored in the refrigerator overnight.
Or how about coffee glazed bacon!
- 1/4 c. brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp. Brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with foil. Place bacon in a single layer on the pan. In a small bowl, whisk together coffee and maple syrup. Brush bacon all over with mixture and season generously with brown sugar and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes
There is nothing quite like the smell of freshly brewed coffee, especially if you have been working hard all morning and are looking forward to a midday taste adventure!
Mocha cookies – Add 1 1/2 heaped tbsp of coffee grounds, fine or coarse, to your cookie recipe and enjoy this wonderful midday treat.
Mocha muffins – Add 1/2 cup of ground coffee to your muffin recipe for another amazing midday treat.
Steak with a coffee rub – Combine coffee grounds, brown sugar, and sea salt, and add spices if you want to add an extra dimension to the taste. Paprika is a good one to try.
You can also add coffee to chili recipes and stews and other savory dishes to give them a new deepness of flavor.
Coffee also bodes well in sweet recipes, for example, in ice cream and desserts such as tiramisu. Or how about coffee-flavored brownies or spiced latte pie with coffee whipped cream. There are so many wonderful recipes to choose from you are going to be utterly spoiled for choice.
Coffee is also great as a beverage or added to cocktails such as an espresso martini.
Coffee is exceptionally versatile and when eaten in moderation healthy, it can be added and used to the food in various ways include marinades, rubs, stews, chili, and sweet recipes such as muffins, cookies, ice cream, and more decadent desserts such as tiramisu and mocha java cake with a sweet oozing melt in the middle chocolate sauce. Coffee also makes a great ingredient in cocktails such as an espresso martini. But please also remember, Too much coffee can cause healthy problem due to caffeine , So choose right amount and way for your healthy food life.
Reference : https://firstwefeast.com/ , https://www.roastycoffee.com/recipes-with-ground-coffee/