Ice tea, a very simple drink, but you can enjoy the bitter taste with fresh ice to escape hot sunny weather in the summer. Likewise, lemonade ice tea is one of the American’s favorite summer drinks.
Based on the research from Nestle professional’s food & beverage trend 2020. As for iced tea the beverage enjoys 71.1% menu penetration, with flavors like hibiscus, blackberry, and kiwi, as well as iced chai and kombucha, on the cups of adoption by trendy restaurants and specialty grocers. Also, 55% of consumers have flavored ice tea away from Home.
Iced tea is a genuinely American beverage. Richard Belchynden, an American merchant, is often given credit for inventing iced tea at the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis. He was sampling and selling hot tea at his fair booth, but few fair-goers were in the market for hot beverages in the intense summer heat. So, he added ice to the steeped tea and voila! Iced tea was born and quickly gained popularity. There are other documented instances of iced tea before 1904 (as early as the 1870s), particularly in the southern United States.
The benefit of Ice tea
Base on the NBC’s Today article tea has some great benefits for health includes :
1. Tea contains antioxidants.
2. Tea has less caffeine than coffee
3. Tea may reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke
4. Tea may help with weight loss
5. Tea may help protect your bones
6. Tea may keep your smile bright
7. Tea may boost the immune system
8. Tea may help battle cancer
9. Herbal tea may soothe the digestive system
10. Tea — unadulterated, that is — is calorie-free
Summer recipes of Ice tea
Are you confused about drinking lemonade or Ice tea? I can suggest you one of the easiest ways. You can either choose to drink ice and lemonade separately. Or just order Arnold Palmer. It will give you both flavors. Either way, you will feel happy.